Design Management Services
CALICO architects has been retained by a leading NI based main contractor to provide in house design management services in connection with a number of large scale Design + Build projects in the United Kingdom, including a large scale city centre student accommodation block and a new lab facility at a leading English University.
- Managing the design process using commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise
- Supporting, understanding and advising the client as to the requirements and obligations in the development of a building design
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
Appointed by DFS, CALICO architects have provided advice in connection with both Town Planning and the Irish Building Regulations to assist them with the roll out of a number of new stores within the Republic of Ireland. Its advisory role extended to reviewing both landlord’s and fit-out proposals for compliance with local statutory requirements.